Sunday, August 22, 2021

May 31, 2021 - Wolf Gap Farm Pond Trail, Ex-Logging Road and some Bushwhacking

Picture of the Day
Wolf Gap Farm Pond

     This blog chronicles the hikes I've completed in the "Lee 333 Challenge". I haven't set a challenge deadline because I can't dedicate myself 100% to it. However, if the SNAP500 (or SHEN500) can be done in one year, I don't see any reason why a dedicated enthusiast couldn't complete the "Lee 333" in under a year also.

Today's Hike:
Distance: 1.74
Duration: 1:29
Ascent: 340ft
PATC Difficulty: 34

Lee 333 Progress Summary:
Trails: 46 of 169
Trail Miles: 135.31 of 407.05 miles (271.74 miles to go)
Hiked Miles: 237.29 miles


Today's Track

 
    I wanted to do this short hike to explore a pond I saw on the map. To get there, I drove out to the Great North Mountain area, through Columbia Furnace, next north on Wolf Gap Road then right on FR92. I parked on the road to avoid blocking the gate.

The gate on FR92

The first snake

The cemetery









The 2nd snake

The pond must be down there...

Not up there

Or over there

There it is!

There's fish in there somewhere

Bushwhacking an old logging road

The logging road petered out :(

I bushwhacked out to the road via this campsite and road walked back to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

May 5, 2024 -

Picture of the Day       This blog chronicles the hikes I've completed in the Lee 333 Challenge. I named the challenge 333 because in...