Saturday, August 14, 2021

August 15, 2021 - Strickler Knob, Some Massanutten Trail and Scothorn Gap Trail Again

Picture of the Day

   This blog chronicles the hikes I've completed in the "Lee 333 Challenge". I haven't set a challenge deadline because I can't dedicate myself 100% to it. However, if the SNAP500 (or SHEN500) can be done in one year, I don't see any reason why a dedicated enthusiast couldn't complete the "Lee 333" in under a year also.

    I recently decided to include all the ATV trails in the challenge too. That raises the total mileage to almost 400 miles and affects the stats below and from this point onward. I guess I'll keep calling it the Lee333 until I have a real total number of miles and come up with a snappy name.

Today's Hike:
Distance: 5.93
Duration: 5:12
Ascent: 1238ft
PATC Difficulty: 121

Lee 333 Progress Summary:
Trails: 46 of 169
Trail Miles: 135.31 of 407.05 miles (271.74 miles to go)
Hiked Miles: 237.29 miles

 
     This day's hike brought me back to the Scothorn Gap Trail.  I started on Crisman Hollow Road again and hiked up to the and through the Scothorn gap. I took the first second right on the Massanutten trail south. Next I turned right on the dread Strickler Knob trail.

































No comments:

Post a Comment

May 5, 2024 -

Picture of the Day       This blog chronicles the hikes I've completed in the Lee 333 Challenge. I named the challenge 333 because in...