Sunday, January 26, 2020

April 7, 2019 - Doll Ridge Trail from Riverview Drive to the Massanutten Trail

On the South Fork of the Shenandoah River at the Doll Ridge Trail low water bridge.

    This blog chronicles the hikes I've completed in the "Lee 333 Challenge". I haven't set a challenge deadline because I can't dedicate myself 100% to it. However, if the SNAP500 (or SHEN500) can be done in one year, I don't see any reason why a dedicated enthusiast couldn't complete the "Lee 333" in under a year also.

Today's Hike:
Distance: 5.57
Duration: 4.02
Ascent: 1537ft
PATC Difficulty: 130

Lee 333 Progress Summary:
Trails: 22 of 107
Trail Miles: 62.17 of 344.66 miles (282.49 miles to go)
Hiked Miles: 118.91 miles

Today's Track


My first look at the Shenandoah River crossing while still in the car.

 Parking at the intersection of Riverview Drive and Creek Road

Looking east on Riverview Drive towards the 'start' of the trail.

The 'start' of the trail on a bend in Riverview Drive

The farmhouse driveway, not the trail.

The farm road for hikers only






Crossing the Shenandoah

Low water bridge

Low water bridge

Selfie












Spring Beauty
















Click here for a short video







No comments:

Post a Comment

May 5, 2024 -

Picture of the Day       This blog chronicles the hikes I've completed in the Lee 333 Challenge. I named the challenge 333 because in...